The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development in Saudi Arabia called everyone to deal carefully and consciously with the employment contract, this is to protect the rights of the worker.
The Ministry of HR in the Kingdom said, “Deal consciously with the employment contract, and make sure to know the rights and responsibilities that you have.” Here the ministry mentions what should be in your employment contract.
The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development has identified the necessary basic information and data that the job title contains, which are as follows:
- Date of Joining work.
- Agreed salary, benefits and allowances.
- The name and nationality of the worker.
- The worker’s residence address.
- The duration of the contract if it is fixed.
- The necessary documents to prove the identity of the worker.
- The name and location of the business owner.
- Type and location of work The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development warned that the work contract according to Article (52) of the labor system must be in accordance with the unified form of the labor contract.
The Ministry of Human Resources indicated that both parties to the contract can add other provisions in the contract in a manner that does not conflict with the provisions of the labor law and its regulations and the decisions issued in implementation thereof. – The Ministry clarified that if the work is subject to a probationary period, this must be explicitly stated in the work contract, clearly defining it so that it does not exceed 90 days, and it is permissible by written agreement between the worker and the employer to extend the probation period so that it does not exceed 180 days and not be included in Calculating this period is the Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha holidays and the sick leave.